Senators still showing Sabres little respect...

matter2003

Buffalo has shown it thrives on either real or perceived slights from its opponents all year, and now the Senators to a man are basically saying that they handed us the game and they outplayed us, but gave us the game. Ottawa's coach, Brian Murray, says that his team scored 12 goals. He says that he won't worry about matching lines and that Lindy Ruff will do enough of that for both teams. The kind of pompous, arrogant comments and disrespect that will send you to a quick playoff exit. Basically, while we may have been outplayed for parts of the game, the bottom line is we capitalized on our chances we got and we never quit. Ottawa is looking to really open a hornets nest here by virtually saying that we did nothing to cause any of what happened in game 1. I am sure Lindy will not let our team ovelook these slights(again real or perceived) and I would bet we come out flying again. Philadelphia found out the hard way not to give us bulletin board material, and Ottawa should have learned the lesson from the Flyers. And while I would grudgingly agree that Ottawa has more talent on it front to back than ours does, I also would be quick to say that our team has more character, mental toughness and grit than their's does by a long shot.

Talent doesn't always win in the playoffs...its usually the team that wants to win more(see Edmonton vs. Detroit), and I don't think there are many people from either side after watching game 1 that would tell you Ottawa will or can outwork Buffalo. I predict we shock Ottawa again Monday night and after the game a lot of Sabres talk about how they felt disrespected by the Ottawa players and coaching staff... A calculated move by Murray but not a wise one against this team...

Buffalo has shown it thrives on either real or perceived slights from its opponents all year, and now the Senators to a man are basically saying that they handed us the game and they outplayed us, but gave us the game. Ottawa's coach, Brian Murray, says that his team scored 12 goals. He says that he won't worry about matching lines and that Lindy Ruff will do enough of that for both teams. The kind of pompous, arrogant comments and disrespect that will send you to a quick playoff exit. Basically, while we may have been outplayed for parts of the game, the bottom line is we capitalized on our chances we got and we never quit. Ottawa is looking to really open a hornets nest here by virtually saying that we did nothing to cause any of what happened in game 1. I am sure Lindy will not let our team ovelook these slights(again real or perceived) and I would bet we come out flying again. Philadelphia found out the hard way not to give us bulletin board material, and Ottawa should have learned the lesson from the Flyers. And while I would grudgingly agree that Ottawa has more talent on it front to back than ours does, I also would be quick to say that our team has more character, mental toughness and grit than their's does by a long shot.

Talent doesn't always win in the playoffs...its usually the team that wants to win more(see Edmonton vs. Detroit), and I don't think there are many people from either side after watching game 1 that would tell you Ottawa will or can outwork Buffalo. I predict we shock Ottawa again Monday night and after the game a lot of Sabres talk about how they felt disrespected by the Ottawa players and coaching staff... A calculated move by Murray but not a wise one against this team...

It's just a bit of "gamesmenship" so I wouldn't get all fired up. If the Sens had scored in OT and not the Sabres we would be hammering the Sabres on the goals they let in. Neither team played their 'A' game. Lindy is a great coach with extra time to prepare. I would expect that scoring chances would be limited to the power plays on Monday night. The Sabres took to many silly penalties and will need to clean their game up. Emery right now has to be a fragile as a quail egg. If the Sabres get to him early his teammates will say "here we go again" and start to fall back. Which should help the Sabres keep the send chances down.

Archived