Going to Philly Tomorrow

GrimFandango

Unfortunately, my jersey is staying the closet for the game.... Just not worth becoming a target any more than i will be, and i have too much respect for Chris Drury to have his jersey drenched in beer.

Should be a good time though, i am curious to see if they show the umberger hit on there jumbotron, (which i doubt) and if they show the gauthier hit

I was in Philly earlier this year, march 11th i think, the game when Grier scored the game winner from Roy. Be careful is definetly an under statement. Their fans were throwing stuff at us, cursing at us, threatening our lifes, but, i guess when we're just so good, it hurts them more... and me being a drunken fan, kissing my jersey and yelling and screaming all game, esspicially after goals, didn't help either though! lol

Lots of fun, they have some fans who are like their team and are goons, but i'd be more atiminated being an away fan at HSBC arena then being an away fan in Philly.

Philly fans got the bad end of the stick here too, i saw beer thrown, lots of swearing, even pushing in the hallways.

But, thumbs up to all those who are traveling to Philly!!! Make us proud, take pics and be loud and proud!

I was at the shootout game in Philly wearing my jersey and I only got a few dirty looks. I wasn't acting like a fool, but still cheering at the correct times. I think a playoff game will be pretty insane... I'm still debating what to wear...

I had snow balls thrown at me by a cartoon penguin on the Jumbotron in Pittsburgh one time. Almost flicked off the camera, but figured that wasn't the nest idea...

Pittsburgh's mascot sprayed Martin Biron's water from his water bottle at me during the 1st intermission when i went to the game Dec 16th! LOL

All my friends bailed and i have an extra ticket to the game tomorrow night. I am leaving DC around 2:45ish and should be in philly by 6. Is anyone else wanting to meet up there? If interested shoot me a PM, otherwise its getting scalped and i have to sit next to a cryers fan.

Anyone else heading to the game?? PM me so we can meet up or bail each other out of jail or something.

Where are you sitting? I'll be in section 212.

We want details in the morning about your experience. Good luck boys!

I think a WHITE Sabres jersey would be the last thing I would wear to the Wachovia Center tonight or Friday. Beer, ketchup, mustard and jealousy is tough to get out in the wash.

Yeah, I am having some second thoughts... hopefully they will find out we are Sabres fans anways after another 5 goal first period... in favor of the Sabres of course.

What ever you do, wear your jerseys; that is part of the fun. I was debating a couple years ago to wear my Bills gear to a game in Oakland but I did. People messed with me a bit but not even close to what I thought based on the stories. I would have really regretted not doing it. Besides, what is going to happen to you at the arena? If they don't provide adequate security you may end up owning a piece of the flyers after a nice little lawsuit!

Archived