Home Ice Locked Up

Taro T

Sabres locked up home ice in the 1st round. NJ won their 9th in a row and are now technically ahead of Philly on tie breakers. Actually, NJ could pass Philly AND the Rangers. The Rangers are losing to Pittsburgh and play Philly and Ottawa to close out the regular season.

Assuming Florida holds on against the Otters, the Sabres will have locked up home ice in the 1st round and still have an outside outside shot at home ice through the Eastern Conference.

Pretty cool.

EDIT: Alfreddson tied the game with 2 seconds left in the 3rd. Although Buffalo can end up with the #2 record in the conference, they are locked into the #4 seed and will host any of the 3 Atlantic Division teams that will make the playoffs. Whichever one finishes in 2nd in that division will visit the Mmarena next weekend.

Sabres locked up home ice in the 1st round. NJ won their 9th in a row and are now technically ahead of Philly on tie breakers. Actually, NJ could pass Philly AND the Rangers. The Rangers are losing to Pittsburgh and play Philly and Ottawa to close out the regular season.

Assuming Florida holds on against the Otters, the Sabres will have locked up home ice in the 1st round and still have an outside outside shot at home ice through the Eastern Conference.

Pretty cool.

Always good news! Philly still has a game at hand on the Devils right?

Always good news! Philly still has a game at hand on the Devils right?

Yep.

Philly: Sat - NYR, Sun - @NJ, Tues - @NYI

Joisey: Sun - Philly, Tues - @Mont

Just for kicks, here's the Strangers remaining schedule as well:

Sat - @Philly, Tues - Otters

They are separated by 3 points, so anything could happen with that one.

So can we have the first round schedule set yet? Or do we have to wait for our opponent to be locked in?

Probably have to wait for all the matchups to be locked in so the TV networks (specifically NBC) can decide what games they want to show.

It's not as easy as it used to be, back pre-Bettman, when the Wales Conference played the 1st night, the Campbell played the next, and they alternated their way until the Finals.

Probably have to wait for all the matchups to be locked in so the TV networks (specifically NBC) can decide what games they want to show.

It's not as easy as it used to be, back pre-Bettman, when the Wales Conference played the 1st night, the Campbell played the next, and they alternated their way until the Finals.

Seeing that Fall Out Boy is playing on the 21st, I would be willing to bet our first game is on the 22.

Seeing that Fall Out Boy is playing on the 21st, I would be willing to bet our first game is on the 22.

That's my guess, but I'm curious if they would try to have a Sunday afternoon game on no rest to allow Game 2 to be an NBC game.

That's my guess, but I'm curious if they would try to have a Sunday afternoon game on no rest to allow Game 2 to be an NBC game.

That would work out great for me. I could go to game 1 and 2 then. I don't think the teams would be too happy though.

By the way, it could turn out to be a crazy couple of days figuring out who we're playing in the first round. If the Flyers win today, and the Devils win tomorrow we could get any of those three depending on Tuesday night.

Archived