It could be worse...

Sabre fan

I know we all only see the bad and life in Sabreland is pretty-much always doom and gloom, but to be truthful at least we have a great young core and a very good stud defenseman in Risto and hope is on the horizon with young guys like Guhle, Fashing, Bailey, Nylander etc...meanwhile, teams like Philly, New Jersey, Vancouver, Winnipeg are not in any sort of rebuild apparently yet still suck.

They do not seem to have much of a future and Vancouver especially are a complete train-wreck, along with Dallas who are all over the map. not sure what the heck is their story...at least we can say we are in the middle of a major rebuild whereby we cleaned total house, and the pieces are slowing falling in to establish a solid future. GMTM has made some great moves, stealing OReilly, adding Carrier, Fasching in trades and seemingly on the fast track to a nice solid core of good young players.

It is not easy to build a winner as we have seen al over the league and there are a lot of teams vying for the same thing: to leave the .500 club and move up in the standings. How Toronto is doing it is beyond me...they have no defense and play a wide open style like Columbus...I guess the best D really is a good offense...years ago when we had that great offensive team we played that way too, with total puck-control for long stretches of time. I can;t help but wonder if that is Blymsa's biggest flaw with his system...it allows the other team far too much puck control. sitting back and hanging on for dear life is a tired and worn-out system...that ship left harbour many years ago (nee: Lindy) .

We need to get back to a attack-style offense before we will ever be effective in the new NHL that calls for fast skating and quick puck movement. Just a thought...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.