HITTING THE WALL

navybillsfan

Fellas,

Some facts here. We have a VERY young team with a ton of rookies or 2nd season players starting. Is that bad? NO..... This team is going through what all young teams or rookie player go through and its called Hitting the Wall.

The Sabres will bounce back from this. I dont see this team in the cup this year but..... With a couple of moves and some more D help, 2-3 years and it will happen. This team is just like the Tampa team of 3 years ago. Waiting to bloom.

Keep the faith guys, the time will come!

There are 10 players on this team who were Sabres in 2001-02, the first year of the post-Hasek era. Dumont, Afinogenov, Campbell, Biron, Kotalik, Connolly, Pyatt, McKee, Tallinder, Kalinin. So this team isn't all THAT young. Vanek, Miller, Pominville, Gaustad, Novotny, Roy... sure. But factor in Drury, Numminen, Lydman, Briere, Hecht, Grier, Mair... and, all in all, I'm not sure that anyone should be thinking two to three years down the road, especially with more liberal free agency in place and an organization that seems determined to keep costs down. The window might close pretty quickly.

We've been waiting to bloom for 30 years now. I like this team and a majority if the players on it, but the fact of the matter is we have been a "young team on the verge" since 1999.

agreed.... enough is enough this is our time... time to make this a reality... no more of this still developing... thats what the leafs are doing... we need to get this ship back on the right path... right now!

Archived