Murray has eye on top pick — in 2016

PASabreFan

Sometimes when you have an abundance of mediocre you have to give that up for a bit of greatness. 

It's about putting together a team.  I put a thread out there a while back that traded alot of assets to the team drafting 2nd if we won the lottery so we could have both McDavid and Eichel  Some said it was too much, other said why trade so much for a single player.

The whole idea is to build a complete team.  Right now we are brainwashed to think that many players on our team or in the minors are great assets, but simply put we don't know. 

WE ARE A LAST PLACE TEAM PEOPLE.

When you trade a bunch of maybes for someone who has already done it in the league and is a young player then I don't see a problem with that IF you still have players around him to make up a great team.

Less not forget free agency as well. Even if you trade too much for a single great player you can fill a void by adding 1 or 2 key free agents.

People are crying about Marcus Foligno being traded as not a good thing for Buffalo.  Maybe he becomes a great star, maybe he's the next Curtis Brown.  Who knows.  But he hasn't done it at this level and to give him up as a piece to get someone who has done it at this level I feel is a good thing.  Even if we have to include more pieces or players that also haven't done it at this level. 

That's what builds a champion.

Only complaint is that 9 is Kane's #.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.