Raising the Cup

bob_sauve28

Has anyone been watching this series on NHL Network? Really awesome to watch. I remember some of those games so well. Last night was the 1990 Oilers in Boston. I watched that whole playoff year that year and really enjoyed watching that game again. Some thoughts:

* That Oiler team was stacked! I think they could have won it without Messier! And that whole team was just blown up and all the players seemed to end up playing major roles for other teams: Tekkian, Steve Smyth, Adam Graves, Martin Gelinas, Messier and a few others. I know I probably spelled the names wrong.

* The more wide open nature of the game even though there was so much more clutching and grabbing. Not long afterwards the game really changed

* The sticks are very different now. That has changed the game, too. They shoot harder but the defensive equipment seems to have been improved to deal with that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.