The Official Regier STILL needs to go thread

Swedesessed

I agree with you that we don't know who was available at the deadline, but that is part of the reason that I think "Regier needs to go" is a bit premature.

It's alot premature. Regier has build one hell of a team, they know how to play, and they are young. We can't just fire people because of a bump in the road.

You make good points and I'm not trying to argue with you, just some debating, but we don't know who may have been offered or available for the right price that did not get moved at the deadline.

I'm just afraid, after watching the games as of late, that this team was overachieving and cannot stay at this level forever. My feeling is that they have the team to make a deep run into the playoffs, why not take advantage of it now, rather then hope everything works out next year for us.

I don't have any one player who I think could have put Buffalo over the top this year, since I don't follow other teams as closely as I do the Sabres.

As for your points about the other teams, They all are pretty good except the leafs, from what I am hearing around here (living in Leafs country) they are going to be going for some younger big players next year as most of their big vets are either FA's or will be traded/retired. They are also after Mckee so Regier (another bad move from him) needs to be signed ASAP or he is not going to be returning

I think where some of the postors and myself disagree with you is the realistic shot that this team has to go deep in the playoffs. As you know, the playoffs are a different brand of hockey and experience plays a big part. As was mentioned several times last night on the Leafs telecast, the Sabres have 11-13 players that have never played in the playoffs. Our captain only has 6 playoff games under his belt and I believe that our goalies have NONE! While there is nothing better then tailgating at a hockey game in May/June, I personally did not expect to be doing it this year with the Sabres. It is just asking too much for a young team w/o playoff experience to run deep in a tourney as tough as the Stanley Cup playoffs...

Our captain only has 6 playoff games under his belt and I believe that our goalies have NONE! While there is nothing better then tailgating at a hockey game in May/June, I personally did not expect to be doing it this year with the Sabres. It is just asking too much for a young team w/o playoff experience to run deep in a tourney as tough as the Stanley Cup playoffs...

I don't think he had playing time, but wasn't Biron on the team as the backup when Buffalo was in the finals against Dallas

No one expected this team to do this well this year, but with the season they were having they are only one or 2 players away from making a serious run

maybe I am a little premature with the fire Regier, but I really think he may have just gotten lucky this year and his team is overachieving, which is making him look so much better. There is not much in his past as GM that makes me believe he planned all of this years ago. Hopefully I'm wrong

other Buffalo team..same moronic Buffalo fans..

Great response, really added alot to this debate

There is a difference though (If you look on the Bills board, you will see I am on there and am one of the posters looking at this next season in a positive light) Regier has been around the Sabres for a while, Marv is in his first year, I am willing to wait and see what he can do before I say he needs to go, I've seen a lot from Regier and have not been as impressed as most of you.

But since I have a difference of opinion I'm the moronic fan. Funny cause thats the same attitude the fans on the Bills board have. Disagree with me, your a moron. I'm sure your otehr 5 posts have been enlightening and insightful

Archived