Sabres Games will be available in Ontario on Bell TV

26CornerBlitz

Money grab

Uh, yea no kidding. The National Hockey League is a business. This is what they do.

It's been well documented for years that the Sabres have been trying to do this for the past 10+ years. When Golisano/Quinn first took over, it was literally one of their first interviews they gave they said one of their biggest projects is to get Sabres games on TV in Southern Ontario. They obviously failed. But even before then it was known the Sabres kept doing work to get something done. When Pegula took over, Ted Black said it early on too, maybe in a WGR interview, that that is a major priority. So, the team stuck to their word.

I remember listening to Quinn talk once, he said, in the late 1980s, a company did a poll in Southern Ontario on favorite sports teams. Toronto Maple Leafs were #1, but the Buffalo Sabres were a close 2nd. When Golisano took over, Quinn reached a company and they did the same exact survey. Sabres didn't even finish in the top-5. Miami Dolphins and Green Bay Packers were in the top-5, and i forget the others, besides obviously the Leafs at 1.

Sabres have been doing a tremendous job in Canada since Pegula took over, which he promised, and this is just the next big thing. Maybe they'll move a pre-season game to St Catherines too in the future? Who knows? The more Canadian fans the better for our team. These are the people who bring emotion, passion and atmosphere into the arena.

just for information and looking at my tv schedule it offered on my bell on channel 1442, listing saying games will be available free to subscribers in the Niagara region, Stoney Creek, and Dunnville. It would appear these the only areas where games will be on free, Hamilton, Kitchener Waterloo Toronto will not receive this.

Uh, yea no kidding. The National Hockey League is a business. This is what they do.

It's been well documented for years that the Sabres have been trying to do this for the past 10+ years. When Golisano/Quinn first took over, it was literally one of their first interviews they gave they said one of their biggest projects is to get Sabres games on TV in Southern Ontario. They obviously failed. But even before then it was known the Sabres kept doing work to get something done. When Pegula took over, Ted Black said it early on too, maybe in a WGR interview, that that is a major priority. So, the team stuck to their word.

I remember listening to Quinn talk once, he said, in the late 1980s, a company did a poll in Southern Ontario on favorite sports teams. Toronto Maple Leafs were #1, but the Buffalo Sabres were a close 2nd. When Golisano took over, Quinn reached a company and they did the same exact survey. Sabres didn't even finish in the top-5. Miami Dolphins and Green Bay Packers were in the top-5, and i forget the others, besides obviously the Leafs at 1.

Sabres have been doing a tremendous job in Canada since Pegula took over, which he promised, and this is just the next big thing. Maybe they'll move a pre-season game to St Catherines too in the future? Who knows? The more Canadian fans the better for our team. These are the people who bring emotion, passion and atmosphere into the arena.

I don't know if I would call it a tremendous job cause being over here in Niagara, I can't say I have seen them do much of anything (or anything more then they have done in the past) besides visit some schools this year in Fort Erie and some schools and hospitals last year across Niagara.

I remember years ago, back in the "Goat head era", back when Nolan coached, that the Sabres did much more in Niagara. They held open practices at each one of the larger Niagara municipalities rinks, they even had a Sabres store/office in St. Catharines where you could get your tickets to games. That soon closed down and theres been nothing since. As for a game in St. Catharines, I would think that once they finish getting the new rink built for the Ice Dogs to replace the Jack Gatecliff in St. Catharines they could come down (or up) and play a pre-season game there

just for information and looking at my tv schedule it offered on my bell on channel 1442, listing saying games will be available free to subscribers in the Niagara region, Stoney Creek, and Dunnville. It would appear these the only areas where games will be on free, Hamilton, Kitchener Waterloo Toronto will not receive this.

Thats right, its just for the area that is within the Sabres broadcast area. If you are outside of those areas you won't get the games on Bell for free but you can get them on Centre Ice or Game Centre

Archived