Scalpers outside HSBC

mandelbrot set

The 10% fee that StubHub charges buyers is typically peanuts compared to TicketMaster's fees.

If Craigslist weren't littered with crap links to shady ticket resale sites and buyers without PayPal accounts, the resale market for tickets on there would be much better. Two seasons ago, it was great. Last season it became a dump.

Holy cow, are you right on this. I didn't use Craigslist all that often to buy or sell tickets, but when I did, it was nice, but in the last month I went to buy a set and to sell a set. Both were disastrous. Like you said, it's no longer real people - it's all links to ticket resale sites. When and how did this happen?

That is exactly true, as far as events at HSBC Arena go. Stubhub has an exclusive contract with them, so all etickets go thru an uploading onto stubhub's system. The barcodes get changed and you know when you buy them, those are 100% going to work. The barcodes to the old hard tickets will no longer work.

It's just as safe as buying directly from the Sabres.

Not 100% true. My aunt and I purchased two tickets to the 4/03 Sabres Hurricanes game off of stubhub. When we were entering the arena our tickets would not scan because someone else had already used them to get in. Luckily they let us in, because I would have cried if i didnt get my section 118 tickets.

The person sold the same e-tickets multiple times.

Not 100% true. My aunt and I purchased two tickets to the 4/03 Sabres Hurricanes game off of stubhub. When we were entering the arena our tickets would not scan because someone else had already used them to get in. Luckily they let us in, because I would have cried if i didnt get my section 118 tickets.

So where do you get to sit in a case like this - is it see who gets to the seats first? Do you watch for the other people to leave the seats during intermission and then go grab them?

I have no idea how that can happen, unless stubhub and the Sabres are having glitches. The barcodes to the rip-off seller's tickets should have became invalid once you downloaded yours from stubhub, so then nobody should be able to get in with anything other than yours. No chance somebody printed your tickets on you and got there before you? Did anybody have that type of access to your file?

I have no idea how that can happen, unless stubhub and the Sabres are having glitches. The barcodes to the rip-off seller's tickets should have became invalid once you downloaded yours from stubhub, so then nobody should be able to get in with anything other than yours. No chance somebody printed your tickets on you and got there before you? Did anybody have that type of access to your file?

I don't think this happens much anymore in Buffalo because Stubhub is a Sabres partner now.

A new barcode is issued and the previous tickets should be void once they are sold.

Archived