Value Judgements ??

papazoid

http://www.wgr550.com/MALACARO--Sabres---value-judgements-/9129574

i would have done almost the complete opposite of what the sabres did. in my comparison of "value judgements" i am going to use the "hometown" discounts that drury, briere and campbell were willing to give to sign and stay with the Sabres BEFORE they hit Free Agency. not only are the dollars shocking but the lost LEADERSHIP and FIVE future #1 draft choices lost, i just start with the bigger name contracts, there are plenty of smaller deals i could mention like Neidermeyer, Lalime:

IN : Drury ($5.0 mil), Briere ($5.0 mil), Campbell ($5.0 mil), Tallinder ($3.3 mil), Spacek ($3.3 mil) and Zubrus ($3.3 mil), plus Five of Edmontons #1 first round draft choices(which are very high) for letting Vanek walk. TOTAL $24.6 million. ( going back farther, i would have kept Jay McKee who led the league in blocked shots).

OUT: Vanek ($7.1 mil), Pominville ($5.3 mil), Connoly ($4.5 mil) Roy ($4.0 mil) and Rivet (3.5 mil). TOTAL $24.4 million.

THIS MAKES ME WANT TO PUKE !!.....thank goodness Quinn is leaving, now FIRE DARCY !!

http://www.wgr550.com/MALACARO--Sabres---value-judgements-/9129574

i would have done almost the complete opposite of what the sabres did. in my comparison of "value judgements" i am going to use the "hometown" discounts that drury, briere and campbell were willing to give to sign and stay with the Sabres BEFORE they hit Free Agency. not only are the dollars shocking but the lost LEADERSHIP and FIVE future #1 draft choices lost, i just start with the bigger name contracts, there are plenty of smaller deals i could mention like Neidermeyer, Lalime:

IN : Drury ($5.0 mil), Briere ($5.0 mil), Campbell ($5.0 mil), Tallinder ($3.3 mil), Spacek ($3.3 mil) and Zubrus ($3.3 mil), plus Five of Edmontons #1 first round draft choices(which are very high) for letting Vanek walk. TOTAL $24.6 million. ( going back farther, i would have kept Jay McKee who led the league in blocked shots).

OUT: Vanek ($7.1 mil), Pominville ($5.3 mil), Connoly ($4.5 mil) Roy ($4.0 mil) and Rivet (3.5 mil). TOTAL $24.4 million.

THIS MAKES ME WANT TO PUKE !!.....thank goodness Quinn is leaving, now FIRE DARCY !!

I agree with the article and your post 100% Guys like Drury, Briere & Campbell were players to build a team around. Connolly & Rivet can't even stay healthy.

Archived