Edmonton Trade Partners...

BamBam

What is the value of a franchise player when that franchise is not a Cup contender? The idea that any player on the Sabres is untouchable is simply asinine.

I love the fact that all the sudden ; every Blackhawk is automatically a "golden child" for trade value to your own franchise. Campbell? Versteeg? Sharp? really?

In all honesty, I love dreaming about bringing in a star player, such as Staal, or the number 1 pick overall.

But, I will submit, I believe the following players won't be in a Sabres uniform next season.

Tallinder

Lydman

Roy

Stafford

Ellis

Butler

I don't think Tallinder or Lydman get resigned.

I believe Stafford and Roy get traded.

I see the team adding Weber to the D corp and trading for Kaberle.

My main questions center around a #1 center (Marleau or Lombardi in FA?) and a #1 RWer (Horton or Backes in a trade on draft day?) to work with Vanek. There is also the line 3 center (Gerbe or Ennis internally, Cullen in FA?)

Despite what the resident Regier Acolytes say you have yet to say any thing unreasonable. Not anything unworthy of discussion. I do have one issue with the #1 centers you listed. I don't see Marleau and Lombardi as a either or situation. Marleau is the far superior player and a possible difference maker. Lombardi is a player the Sabres could realistically acquire and try to sell as change. Unless Lombardi is just part one of multiple changes it would be pointless to bring him in.

Despite what the resident Regier Acolytes say you have yet to say any thing unreasonable. Not anything unworthy of discussion. I do have one issue with the #1 centers you listed. I don't see Marleau and Lombardi as a either or situation. Marleau is the far superior player and a possible difference maker. Lombardi is a player the Sabres could realistically acquire and try to sell as change. Unless Lombardi is just part one of multiple changes it would be pointless to bring him in.

I tend to agree DeLuca, I merely like to hear others opinions as well. Even if anything I have attempted to offer up via trade or other avenues to better the team, its still a matter of hearing others opinions on the current state of the Sabres.

Sure, its fun to play arm chair GM, but at the end of the day, most are correct in that Darcy won't make the moves I have brought forward.

Then again, I can say the following with the upmost confidence,

Maybe Darcy will make a rather shocking move, the reality of the situation appears to escape many, that is to say Darcy and Lindy's jobs are on the line, desperate times call for desperate measures. I wouldn't put it past Darcy to make some rather major moves this off season, considering the circumstances he and Lindy find themselves in. With that being common knowledge, I am hopeful he goes far beyond the 2 or 3 moves that we all see coming down the pipeline.

With this being the case, my fingers are crossed that he does the right thing and view players as commodities, because at the end of the day, thats exactly what they are. If he does leave the team following next season, it is my assesment that he will want to do so with the future of the franchise in mind, it would only enhance his marketability for himself down the road.

I tend to agree DeLuca, I merely like to hear others opinions as well. Even if anything I have attempted to offer up via trade or other avenues to better the team, its still a matter of hearing others opinions on the current state of the Sabres.

Sure, its fun to play arm chair GM, but at the end of the day, most are correct in that Darcy won't make the moves I have brought forward.

Then again, I can say the following with the upmost confidence,

Maybe Darcy will make a rather shocking move, the reality of the situation appears to escape many, that is to say Darcy and Lindy's jobs are on the line, desperate times call for desperate measures. I wouldn't put it past Darcy to make some rather major moves this off season, considering the circumstances he and Lindy find themselves in. With that being common knowledge, I am hopeful he goes far beyond the 2 or 3 moves that we all see coming down the pipeline.

With this being the case, my fingers are crossed that he does the right thing and view players as commodities, because at the end of the day, thats exactly what they are. If he does leave the team following next season, it is my assesment that he will want to do so with the future of the franchise in mind, it would only enhance his marketability for himself down the road.

What situation do you thing Regier and Ruff are in? They may be near the end of contracts but Larry Quinn isn't man enough to let either walk and hire someone new. If Quinn had the stones he would have made changes already. PA said the word and that word is "comfortable." Status Quo is a three headed monster and can't survive if one head is severed.

What is the value of a franchise player when that franchise is not a Cup contender? The idea that any player on the Sabres is untouchable is simply asinine.

My last three posts in this thread were in support of this trade scenario, so your vitriol is misdirected.

Archived