[News]Sabres trade G Noronen to Vancouver (AP)

SabresBeat

Mika Noronen got his wish to escape the Buffalo Sabres' goaltender glut, and was traded Thursday to the Vancouver Canucks, a team in need of an experienced backup. In exchange, the Sabres received a second-round pick in the deal announced hours before the NHL's trade deadline. Noronen became the odd-man out behind starter Ryan Miller and backup Martin Biron and has played in only four games with...

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/sports/rss/nhl/SIG=...ov=ap&type=lgns

A winner all the way around. We got to put an end to the 3-headed monster (which if not for the maturity of Mika and Marty could have been VERY ugly, kudos to them) and we picked up a draft pick.

Vancouver is my second favorite team and I'm also a big Norenen fan, so I'm very excited that he's finally going to get an opportunity to show what he can do. He'll be rusty for sure, but I think if Canuck fans demonstrate a little patience, they will be well rewarded.

Vancouver plays San Jose tonight, and I hear that Mika was on a plane this afternoon. I wouldn't expect him to dress tonight but all the same I'm looking forward to his first start. Go 'Nucks!

Archived