NHL Network - 2nd half preview...

LabattBlue

I feel exhausted from the last two weeks. Staying up til 2:30am most nights to watch late night hockey, to getting out of work early and heading to the bar for 3pm faceoffs of USA games. It was a pretty crazy rollercoaster ride for the fans. I can't even imagine how the players felt. When USA lost, i just felt so weak, so sad, for Miller and the US team. However, it was very cool seeing Miller at the closing ceremonies, as one of 4 US hockey players who attended. (J.Jackson, D.Backes, T.Thomas) Miller was there and NBC showed him for several minutes. He had a camera, and was smiling like a kid on Christmas morning. That image couldn't have made it happier. Miller won MVP. As one US reporter said, he went from a hometown Buffalo super star to a national rockstar within a 2-week span. He proved to the world he is the Best goalie on the planet. He took a team on his shoulders that only a few believed would even medal and gave them a great chance of winning gold.

That said, I am looking forward to the start of the NHL. I will follow all the rumors tomorrow but i don't think i will be able to stomach the Wings/Aves game tomorrow. Just not yet. I'll need a day off. But, let's get back to business.

Archived