Flyers pick up defenseman

GGM

Philadelphia Flyers acquire defenceman Denis Gauthier from the Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for forward Josh Gratton and two second-round picks in 2006.

This is the 4th D-man to go today (and 5th in a row) with 4 of them heading to Eastern Conference teams. Although, there's no real blockbusters in the bunch.

I think we'd all be shocked if Marty is traded now, but I really hope some sort of defensive help is coming today.

Apparently Sean O'Donnell has been traded from Phoenix to Anaheim for Joel Perrault.

I posted this before I saw the main trade thread, (The pinned threads on the new board look like seperate forums to my blind behind,) so this may be moved - but I agree with you.

Gauthier's hitting would be welcome on this defensive corp and I'm sure he would have played solidly here. That being said, I'm not crying in my milk because we didn't land him.

I think Philly gave up a lot to get him, but I don't believe he's a "rental player" so maybe it wasn't too much.

Not to mention the fact that he STILL wont help the Flyers deal with the Sabres' quickness up front should the two teams meet in the playoffs.

Archived