Mikael Tam

johnyvegas

I was surprised that there was no discussion of this here. I just wanted to put it out there that if ever there was a opportunity for a real message to be sent about head shots, this is it. If you haven’t seen the cheap shot elbow to the head on Mikael Tam delivered by Patrice Cormier, i'm not sure you want to. It one of those things that i wish i could 'un-watch'. I suppose to have a real understanding of the severity of it, you probably need to see it but the end result was a convulsing Mikael Tam laying on the ice. It was the most brutal cheap shot i've ever seen in 35 years of watching hockey. I think it's time to put an end to it once and for all. It's time to send a message to young players that this type of behavior will not be tolerated. It's my hope that they ban Patrice Cormier for life. I think he deserves it. He'll probably end up sitting the remainder of the year but I don't think he should have the right to ever lace em up again. That message would be crystal clear, take a shot like that.. your career is over. Also, for the record, i think he should be arrested and charged for it. Maybe that's the only way to end the nonsense.

No one should have to play the game thinking that this is something that could potentially happen to you on the ice. I love this game and things like this make me very sad.

All the best to Mikael Tam for a speedy recovery.

Archived