[OT] NHL 10

Guest Sloth

Ok, my wife bought me a PS3 for Christmas, and she also, pointless thing to say, grabbed NHL 10. I am enjoying the game tremendously. One thing is bothering me, though. When I attempt to start a "Be a Pro Mode," I am unable to edit my own my player; meaning I cannot change how he looks, what gear he wears, etc... This bothers me, because I know in NHL 09 one could do that. Am I doing something wrong? I really want to make it to the NHL as a Sabre, but I also want to do it as close as it can be to me!!! Any suggestions?

Ok, my wife bought me a PS3 for Christmas, and she also, pointless thing to say, grabbed NHL 10. I am enjoying the game tremendously. One thing is bothering me, though. When I attempt to start a "Be a Pro Mode," I am unable to edit my own my player; meaning I cannot change how he looks, what gear he wears, etc... This bothers me, because I know in NHL 09 one could do that. Am I doing something wrong? I really want to make it to the NHL as a Sabre, but I also want to do it as close as it can be to me!!! Any suggestions?

Um yes you can.......Keep looking in the different areas man, I just did it yesterday.

Um yes you can.......Keep looking in the different areas man, I just did it yesterday.

Thanks for the info. I've always enjoyed reading your posts, Doc Holiday. Most of the time...

I'm still clicking on the "Be a Pro Mode," but I am not giving the ability to adjust my appearance. All I'm aloud to do is pick my position and what type of player I wish to be. Last I checked, I'm not 6 foot, 190 lbs, blonde hair, etc... I would like to have my appearance in the game, if possible.

It's all relative from when you create your pro. So any player you make, goalie, sniper, playmaker, etc. They will have all the same attributes. Once you have a created player. You can go to "hockey shop", I think, then on the 3rd, 4th or 5th tab over you can alter your players look. You can only set your info(hometown and such) once though, as I previously stated.

EDIT: I'm working from an xbox 360 but I figure it's the same. Let me know if you need more help finding it.

We almost bought this last night for the wii. Can anyone tell me if it's good or not with that system?

Thanks.

I bought it for the Wii. Mostly because I wanted a hockey game where I wouldn't have to memorize a lot of button sequences or complex controls--like most Wii games. I just don't have a lot of time to invest in learning how to play a new video game, and I've never owned, or even played, any of the earlier versions.

I was disappointed. It is complex, and there's a lot to learn. I've played it twice in the ten weeks that I've owned it. I probably should give it another shot, but I haven't yet.

On the other hand, I thought the graphics were nice (it is Wii, after all), and it's got the rules, teams, players, etc. It's probably a good game, but just not for me.

NHL10 isn't on the Wii to my knowledge.

NHL2K10 is on the Wii, but that's a completely different game.

NHL10 = EA, NHL2K10 = 2K Sports.

NHL10 = very highly rated, NHL2K10 = not so much.

As far as your Be A Pro Mode in NHL10, I believe you actually make your character BEFORE you enter the Be A Pro mode. Somewhere on the main menu, there should be some sort of option where you can create your Be A Pro player (I believe). I'll double check tomorrow when I boot up my Xbox. :thumbsup:

Yes, there is an option BEFORE you start the mode that you can "Edit your Pro". Look in the menus off of the main NHL 10 menu, and there will be that option somewhere, to Edit your pro. Then you can edit either your skater self or goalie self.

There is an option to edit your equipment and such when you are in BAP mode, but I don't have my PS3 avail. to check it for you now. I'll look later and give you the exact location if you are still having trouble finding it.

NHL10 isn't on the Wii to my knowledge.

NHL2K10 is on the Wii, but that's a completely different game.

NHL10 = EA, NHL2K10 = 2K Sports.

NHL10 = very highly rated, NHL2K10 = not so much.

As far as your Be A Pro Mode in NHL10, I believe you actually make your character BEFORE you enter the Be A Pro mode. Somewhere on the main menu, there should be some sort of option where you can create your Be A Pro player (I believe). I'll double check tomorrow when I boot up my Xbox. :thumbsup:

Indeed, the game I have is NHL 2K10.

It's all relative from when you create your pro. So any player you make, goalie, sniper, playmaker, etc. They will have all the same attributes. Once you have a created player. You can go to "hockey shop", I think, then on the 3rd, 4th or 5th tab over you can alter your players look. You can only set your info(hometown and such) once though, as I previously stated.

EDIT: I'm working from an xbox 360 but I figure it's the same. Let me know if you need more help finding it.

Its the same on the PS3, you can change player size, that is relative to the type of player/position.......In the hockey shop you can change all kinds of things, hair colour, scars etc..........You can either earn equipment or pay for it in the EA store.

Archived