The Skinny

Toddkaz

the trade deadline is abour 30 hours away.

I don't want to start any rumors or piss anyone off.

I am just wondering if anyone know what the Buffalo Sabres are going to do.

I am sure something is going to happen just for Noranen's sake but what?

Soon we will have a trade thread? Tonight maybe?

I know this though waking up to trade deadline date is like Christmas morning for adults.

We get to wake up turn on the TELie(or computer) and see what we got.

It seems certain the Sabres will grab a #3 or 4 defenceman. Just a depth guy, solid. That may very well be it. I think Regier is happy with his forward depth and doesn't mind Biron as a back-up for the play-offs.

He may move Noronen for a draft pick, or maybe a minor league prospect.

The only way Regier does something big is if another GM offers a deal he can't refuse. That deal would likely involve Biron going for a reasonably big name.

Regier is nothing if not patient, he'll wait for a desperate team to cough up someone big for Biron, or he'll keep him. As I said on my thread, I'd be interested in seeing Recchi here, but it likely won't happen.

Sometimes stuff on the internet, nay stuff on the LEAGUE's website sounds like something that would be said around 1:45am at Pearl St on a Friday night.

This is from Doug Ward, nhl.com's Western Conference correspondent:

"Vancouver GM Dave Nonis is looking for help on the blue line and in goal and has been rumored to be open to the idea of dealing power forward Todd Bertuzzi. One possibility is a deal that would move Bertuzzi to Buffalo for goaltender Martin Biron, who would then share time in net with the Canucks' Alex Auld. But that's not all, Ottawa also has been mentioned as a possible destination for Bertuzzi."

I love Bertuzzi...I think he's a great player, but how does this make any sense for the Sabres this season? I would pull this deal as part of a three team trade, moving Bertuzzi from Vancouver to Buffalo then on to someone else getting a top 3 defenseman with a few years under contract and maybe a draft pick or something, but straight up for Biron? It's a good bargain, but how would it help the Sabres?

Sorry. Thought you were looking for some opinions. Maybe have a little fun with all the trade dead-line stuff. I didn't realize this was so serious to you.

I've seen a lot of the other guys here have a real problem with you, I don't really care. You're like a "cancer in the dressing room", you should be ignored, and you shall be.

Rabbit you will reply to me by the end of the day!

So buddy open your eyes and look over their------>

I started up a fun topic here and then another one that is for credible sources.

See check it out.

Gees once again another guy has to act like a jerk

Whether it's true or not, one thing to keep in mind about the Bertuzzi sweepstakes is that our interest in him depends not only on whether he would be a good fit for the Sabres, but on whether we can prevent another Eastern Conference team -- Rangers, Flyers, whoever -- from getting him.

To THAT end I'm not sure it's a mistake to be involved in the Bertuzzi sweepstakes. Particularly if Darcy can swing a deal that involves a goalie going to the Canucks, Bertuzzi going to a WESTERN team, and a top-shelf blueliner coming here. THAT would solve three problems at once.

yeah frushetti you are about as smart as a pineapple

check out that sight he seems a lot more credible then Eklund.

And Fushetti don't be a jelious azz. Read his website. The trade was announced until 1:18 he posted talks with Minnesota a nd buffalo at 12:40 i would say that is credit

Archived