Out of Town? - Bars playing Sabre games

Iheartbuffalo

• 1 month later...

Personally I'll be out in San Francisco in mid January. Does anyone know of bars where I can watch the LA or Anaheim games? I may be going to those as well as the San Jose game, but if I stay in SF I'd like to have some sort of gameplan.

I heard RJ give a "shout out" (his words) last night to the North Star Cafe in San Francisco - apparently, the home of the local Sabres booster club. Oddly enough, I've actually been there (albeit years ago). Seemed like a nice place. A lot of folks with WNY connections seemed to frequent the place even when I was there (circa 1991). It is in North Beach, here is a link to the CitySearch page: North Star They list a web site for the Cafe itself (www.northstarsf.com) but that seems to take you to a site selling lofts in Minneapolis.... :wacko:

I did hear RJ say that, and then promptly drew a brainfart and completely forgot when I posted that haha. Thanks for the links though, I'll bookmark them.

If you go, let us know how it is - it's been so long since I was there, it'd be nice to know if it is still the fun place it was back in 1991 (Gosh, was it that long ago?) Thanks!

Archived