Suggestions for Timmy this off-season......

Chief Enabler

Boxing lessons.

Somehow hook him up with Baby Joe Mesi or someone. Get some sparring, jabs, etc. I am not suggesting goonage; just develop an ounce of balls.

Seriously, he needs to grow a pair & some confidence. After that first period issue, he projects zero fear. At least Vanek will throw his weight abit and do the old bear hug wrestle. If push came to shove I feel Vanek would throwdown.

If I was the opposing team and saw Timmys' re-action to being pushed, I would look to just tee off on him. The epitome of soft.

This "ball-less" man that you speak of was the only one to go after Gomez when Miller was run. Now that Kotalik is out of town, we have to assign the "hey, _____ hit him with your purse" to someone else, huh?

Yup! It's what we do here. Unfortunately, there's just too many to choose from. :rolleyes:

Yup! It's what we do here. Unfortunately, there's just too many to choose from. :rolleyes:

Dude I agree! Tim Connolly is a joke! He sucks and signing him was the third worst day this organization has had! The other two saw opposing teams carrying the cup in front of us!

Dude I agree! Tim Connolly is a joke! He sucks and signing him was the third worst day this organization has had! The other two saw opposing teams carrying the cup in front of us!

That's a little harsh..

1.) lost the cup

2.) lost the cup

3.) signed a PPG player when he plays

4.) Tim horton dies

5.) Daniel Briere and Chris Drury leave.

6.) Clint Malarchuck almost dies on ice

7.) Richard Zednik almost dies on ice

8.) Coach has heart attack.

9.) Drafts/plays Richard Smhelik.

10.) Drafts/Plays Dmitri Kalinin

Number three, really?

3.) signed a PPG player when he plays

For the record, he's never actually proven that he's a PPG player over any real period of time.

Since the lockout:

2005-06: 55 points in 63 games (0.87 PPG)

2007-08: 40 points in 48 games (0.83 PPG)

2008-09: 33 points in 37 games (0.89 PPG)

You could probably get away with calling Derek Roy a PPG player, though:

2007-08: 81 points in 78 games (1.04 PPG)

2008-09: 64 points in 71 games (0.90 PPG)

In fact, if you are talking about "when healthy", Lindy revealed that Derek played through injuries during about the first 10 games. He's had 59 points in the 61 games since (0.97 PPG.)

Do you seriously want a guy who struggles to stay healthy enough to play a full season to take boxing lessons and learn to fight and get more physical????

Boxing lessons from a guy knocked out with brain damage none the less. How about at least getting lessons from a boxer that can teach him how to avoid getting hit?

Do you seriously want a guy who struggles to stay healthy enough to play a full season to take boxing lessons and learn to fight and get more physical????

Yes I do. I tried not to imply fighting earlier in the thread. Just to have a basic physical edge instead of doing nothing when someone gives you a healthy push. That was embarrassing. Everything Lindy bitched them out about being embarrassed about. "ball-less"

Timmy has the skill. He has no confidence in terms of toughness and being physical at all. He is the mold of a pre-madonna Mario, Jagr, Gagne, Pominville to say the least. This mentality projects an image and persona of a puss across the league.

Dressing a franchise top to bottom, I am not sure that would fit in my criteria to win a cup. I was all fired last night watching him standing still as well. I'll put my neck out to say watch him alittle closer tonight. I cant watch the game, but I will follow up with the full report from here afterwards :thumbsup:

Boxing lessons.

Somehow hook him up with Baby Joe Mesi or someone. Get some sparring, jabs, etc. I am not suggesting goonage; just develop an ounce of balls.

Seriously, he needs to grow a pair & some confidence. After that first period issue, he projects zero fear. At least Vanek will throw his weight abit and do the old bear hug wrestle. If push came to shove I feel Vanek would throwdown.

If I was the opposing team and saw Timmys' re-action to being pushed, I would look to just tee off on him. The epitome of soft.

He is what he is. thats how he plays, you, me or Joe Mesi ain't changin him. He is not the only Sabre we've had who would have done the same thing.........Perreault, Ramsay, Ruutu, even Pomminstein. You need to learn to live with it.

He is what he is. thats how he plays, you, me or Joe Mesi ain't changin him. He is not the only Sabre we've had who would have done the same thing.........Perreault, Ramsay, Ruutu, even Pomminstein. You need to learn to live with it.

That being the case. This team can only afford to have one at a time.

I believe this thread is dead now. Thanks for playing!

Archived