Darcy on re-signing McKee

LabattBlue

From the Buffalo News...

Regier acknowledged the increased risk in waiting until after the season, but indicated he's comfortable with it. He noted teams have little control over an unrestricted free agent no matter when talks commence.

DUH! That's why you should be talking with him now...BEFORE he becomes a UFA. I could understand if they have had talks with McKee and he is making ridiculous salary demands, but you don't know, because you won't even talk contract until after the season. What's wrong Darcy...spending too much time trying to solve your 3 headed goaltending mess that still exists? <_<

I have a feeling this era of the NHL is one where most Sabres who reach the status of UFA will end up elsewhere. :(

I am sick and tired of this team making excuses as to why they can't keep/bring in players. For once, I would love for an owner to step up and say yea, I will pay this guy, because I want to keep him here. Look at how many players we have had to get rid of simply because the owners (Golisano or Rigas) wouldnt shell out the $. If you arent willing to pay for talent, then you shouldnt be an owner because you arent giving your team a chance. McKee is a good player and they tried to screw him over before the season leading to rumors we were going to cut him. SO stupid...come on Regier, negotiate now and stop being stupid. Maybe FOR ONCE we can keep a player

Archived