[OT] Benefit for former Erie Otter Jason Baird, Please read!

outlaw16511

If anyone lives in or near the Erie PA area the Otters are holding a benefit Aug 19 from 7pm-9pm for former Erie Otter Jason Baird. Baird was burned by an exploding lawnmower recently and is recovering from his burns. The benefit is to help with his medical costs. Current alumni will be there such as Tim Connolly and Brad Boyes and others. Here is a link to what's going on and when.

The Warner Theater is where the benefit will be held and is in downtown Erie PA

http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl...KEY01/112899989

If you can make it out I'm sure every bit will help a lot.

Thought it really interesting that many players were considering donating tickets to see their teams in Pittsburgh, but none were donating tickets to see their teams in Buffalo. PA folks, help me out, here...is Erie, as a hockey market, generally dedicated to the Penguins? Or is it more split up, like it is with respect to football? If it's a largely Penguin fanbase, the Sabres should be doing more to market there. It's only 90 mins. from Buffalo, and there's no NHL team in Cleveland to worry about sharing with.

Thought it really interesting that many players were considering donating tickets to see their teams in Pittsburgh, but none were donating tickets to see their teams in Buffalo. PA folks, help me out, here...is Erie, as a hockey market, generally dedicated to the Penguins? Or is it more split up, like it is with respect to football? If it's a largely Penguin fanbase, the Sabres should be doing more to market there. It's only 90 mins. from Buffalo, and there's no NHL team in Cleveland to worry about sharing with.

We're pretty split in Erie for hockey. Lots of Pens and Sabres fans. I'd say probably a little bit more Pens fans but the Sabres are almost as popular here.

Good luck to the benefit... Just one question is gnawing at me and I can't seem to find anything on it. How in the hell does a lawnmower explode? What the heck happened to cause 60-65% of his body to be burned? Is there anything that one can learn from this to avoid such a fate? Any safety precautions?

WTF!

Good luck to the benefit... Just one question is gnawing at me and I can't seem to find anything on it. How in the hell does a lawnmower explode? What the heck happened to cause 60-65% of his body to be burned? Is there anything that one can learn from this to avoid such a fate? Any safety precautions?

WTF!

That's what I'm wondering.

WTF!

If you fill a lawnmower as full as it can be filled with fuel on a hot day the fuel can expand in the fuel tank and explode. Safety tip of the day is never fill your lawnmower more than 3/4 full.

If you fill a lawnmower as full as it can be filled with fuel on a hot day the fuel can expand in the fuel tank and explode. Safety tip of the day is never fill your lawnmower more than 3/4 full.

Wow... Never thought of that! I just mowed my lawn yesterday and always fill the tank when I am done and get it ready for the next session... My garage does get a some A/C with a register... Yet, for obviuos reason, doesn't have an air return... So what ever the house gets heat-A/C wise, the gargage gets a little of that...

The minute I get home... I am draining a bit (ie: run the engine a little) out of the tank!

THANKS!!!!

Archived