Good list of this summer's free agents

nfreeman

I'm quite certain I'm in the minority here, but I would not mind the Sabres signing Sergei Federov as the "veteran leader". He's good for the Sabres for a few reasons. First, he's pretty good on faceoffs something this team was not good at this past season. Second, he's an excellent defensive forward who can even play defenseman if need be. Third, we all know what he has done offensively in his career. He's older now, but I would not mind signing him to a 2 year contract at maybe $3 million - $3.5 million/year. I think he'd be a great fit in Buffalo, but doubt it will happen. It looks like he likes playing with all the Russian kids in Washington, and his best seasons have been when he's played with a Kozlov, and now he has Viktor to play with.

Would your theory include Max & Kalinin?

Would your theory include Max & Kalinin?

No!!! Not at all!!! I just said he would like playing with the Russians in Washington because they are actually good players like when he played in Detroit and they had Fetisov, Konstantinov, Kozlov, and Larianov. Ours, sadly, are not that good. It would be bring Federov in and let Max and Kalinin go, it is not bring Federov in on the contingency we keep Max and Kalinin. Just bring Federov in and get rid of Max and Kalinin is my stance.

No!!! Not at all!!! I just said he would like playing with the Russians in Washington because they are actually good players like when he played in Detroit and they had Fetisov, Konstantinov, Kozlov, and Larianov. Ours, sadly, are not that good. It would be bring Federov in and let Max and Kalinin go, it is not bring Federov in on the contingency we keep Max and Kalinin. Just bring Federov in and get rid of Max and Kalinin is my stance.

Clear. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, if I had a free agency (wish) slot to fill "affordably" i'd go for Holik or make a big trade for Jokinin

Archived