Stafford With Hecht and Pommer

bob_sauve28

I've been waiting for that. Drew seems like a natural fit with those guys. They all pass well, and he is great without the puck getting open. As soon as he went on their line last night he had a couple of good opportunities.

I liked it too but it didn't seem to last too long. Kotalik was with those two most of the third. I think Stafford was with Paille and Kaleta most of the third (on the bench) but the shift charts show Stafford with 3 shifts in the third while Paille and Kaleta only got 1 each.

I was happy to see Paille off the Hecht/Pominville line as Paille's hands are just way too inconsistent. He seems only capable of scoring on shots that have no business going in and messes up when he receives a gloriously easy opportunity from Pominville or Hecht. I like Stafford on that line much more because he plays like Gaustad on that line (which I liked) except he knows how to finish.

I liked it too but it didn't seem to last too long. Kotalik was with those two most of the third. I think Stafford was with Paille and Kaleta most of the third (on the bench) but the shift charts show Stafford with 3 shifts in the third while Paille and Kaleta only got 1 each.

I was happy to see Paille off the Hecht/Pominville line as Paille's hands are just way too inconsistent. He seems only capable of scoring on shots that have no business going in and messes up when he receives a gloriously easy opportunity from Pominville or Hecht. I like Stafford on that line much more because he plays like Gaustad on that line (which I liked) except he knows how to finish.

I'm really high on Stafford. I think he has a tremendous amount of potential and would like to see him given every opportunity with Jochen and Pommer.

I'm really high on Stafford. I think he has a tremendous amount of potential and would like to see him given every opportunity with Jochen and Pommer.

As am I. I think the long term ankle injury and the constant line jungling since have wreaked havic on his numbers but my expectations for him have not been lowered after this season.

Archived