OT - G.I.Joe Live Action Film

Screamin'Weasel

For those of you that remeber the animated series in the '80s or the 5-1/4" action figure toys it was based on, a live-action film version is in the works.

Link to Cast Photos

I cannot complain about the casting so far. For those of you that don't recognize the name Ray Park (Snake Eyes) he played Darth Maul in Star Wars: Episode I and Toad in X-Men. I look forward to the trailer.

SNAKE EYES PHOTOS

post-733-1206492646_thumbpng

post-733-1206492657_thumbpng

For those of you that remeber the animated series in the '80s or the 5-1/4" action figure toys it was based on, a live-action film version is in the works.

Link to Cast Photos

I cannot complain about the casting so far. For those of you that don't recognize the name Ray Park (Snake Eyes) he played Darth Maul in Star Wars: Episode I and Toad in X-Men. I look forward to the trailer.

Snake Eyes looks awesome, but I have a complaint about the casting - namely casting Marlon Wayans as Ripcord, who is supposed to be white.

EDIT: Added the link.

I forgot about Marlon Wayans. That is bad casting, but not necessarily because he was European-American in the comics/figures/cartoon. My guess is they needed some comic relief character and they decided on Ripcord. Not to mention Ripcord's real name is Wallace Weems which sounds (not to sound racist) kind of African-American.

I'm using the GI Joe character bios as my standard, so if you click the link in my OP, you can see whoever came up with Ripcord made that character white.

I'm also not a big Marlon Wayans fan, but if they really wanted him in, there had to be some other character he could have played. Or maybe not. I honestly can't remember and the list of characters is pretty long.

i saw this last week on superherohype.com, great site for all movies related to comics/toys/pop culture (geek) stuff. I'm a huge comic book geek myself so that's why I say that.

anyway, check out that site for pretty much up to the minute news... will be way more informative than the mainstream sites (yahoo, etc...)

Snake Eyes does look good... can't wait to see the rest!

Archived