Olympic Break

mrjsbu96

I think this was already discussed, and who knows, I may have even started that thread, but this break sucks and not just b/c of selfish Sabre reasons.

They brought the pros in a few Oympiad ago to bring some more exposure to the NHL, which is fine, but let's go back to the kids. I can't believe the US team will have had only one practice together before heading out to win gold. That is not what the Olympics are about.

Bring back the Canada Cup, or improve on the World Cup of Hockey concept, but let's go back to seeing the US kids try to win gold and let's stop disturbing the NHL schedule.

Common misconception. It was never kids for everyone. The 1980 American and Canadian teams were kids, but every other country had pro players. The NHL finally became the last pro league to allow their players to play.

World Juniors are for the Kids. Olympics should be for the big boys.

Common misconception. It was never kids for everyone. The 1980 American and Canadian teams were kids, but every other country had pro players. The NHL finally became the last pro league to allow their players to play.

World Juniors are for the Kids. Olympics should be for the big boys.

either way, I don't like the pros. Who cares - let the other countries play whomever, but I personally think the World Cup should use the pros and the Olympics left to the amatuers

Archived