NHL Stat Leaders

Bmwolf21

Noticed some interesting things while perusing the stats leaders...

Two Lightning players in the top 3 in scoring?

1. CROSBY PIT 98

2. ST. LOUIS TBL 89

3. LECAVALIER TBL 88

Marty Brodeur has 12 shutouts?

Vanek 2nd in league in +/-? (+37, second to Lidstrom at +38)

Briere's FA market value continues to skyrocket, as he has cracked the top-10 in scoring, tied for 10th with 27-51-78. Not trying to rehash the Briere vs. Drury debate, but if Danny has a good playoffs, the decision might be made for us, as someone might throw a ton of money at him when FA starts. FWIW, Vanek is the next highest Sabre (30th) with 30-34-64

but if Danny has a good playoffs, the decision might be made for us, as someone might throw a ton of money at him when FA starts.

I really think Philadelphia is going to throw a big contract at him. It was already rumored that they would be interested in him even before Biron went there. For some reason I can see him ending up there, I hate to say it.

Anyways, about the stats, there really are some surprises. I can't believe those lightning players are up there...and where the hell did Kristian Huselius come from this year? Good to see Vanek up there, however. He just keeps getting better and better...I mean it's only his second year! "Scary good!"

I really think Philadelphia is going to throw a big contract at him. It was already rumored that they would be interested in him even before Biron went there. For some reason I can see him ending up there, I hate to say it.

Anyways, about the stats, there really are some surprises. I can't believe those lightning players are up there...and where the hell did Kristian Huselius come from this year? Good to see Vanek up there, however. He just keeps getting better and better...I mean it's only his second year! "Scary good!"

Considering the money the Lightning are throwing an Lecavalier and St. Louis, I would expect them to be near the top... though maybe not 2 and 3.

Archived