Minor Uniform Change

SabresFan in Texas

As a proud Buffalo Sabres Fan! I have a thought; The Sabres were the first team to add the players number on the front of the Jersey's... which at first, I wasn't to big on... but seeing the #'s all season I think it's a great change and looks good. I have a new suggestion, it may have come a little clearly lately... However, I want to throw it out there... why doesn't the NHL teams recognize thier AHL affiliates (farm team) in a great and respectful way? Rochester is a great city and makes the Buffalo Sabres who they are and have done so for what 30+ years? I would never want another affiliate or city in the mix! I suggest the Sabres be the first team in the NHL to also sport thier AHL affiliate's logo, Recognize the Rochester Americans logo on there uniforms or equipment; it doesnt have to be large; a sticker on the back of thier helmet, small logo on there jersey, or even the Rochester Americans logo/shield on there equipment somewhere (in a small way on their hockey pants above the new . I think it would be a great touch for both the NHL & AHL! Rochester is and should be part of the team and recoginized around the NHL, US, Canada, and internationally--just a thought! JT

But if we hadn't had this massive injury wave, would anybody even consider this for a second? Nothing against Rochester, love the city and especially now because of the players provided... but generally minor league teams don't play that big a role in a team's success other than "sheltering" prospects and young guys.

Archived