Sabres on Yahoo.com? Anyone have the link?

navybillsfan

Does anyone know of a website where I could get streaming video of Sabres games live? Comcast's website was doing it last year during the playoffs, but they don't seem to do it during the regular season, that I am aware of. I usually end up listening to all of their games on nhl.com, but I've been wondering if there are any live streaming video on the Internet. I know google video rebroadcasts games after a few days. Any help would be great. Thanks.

What's sopcast? Fill me in.

Hey Jack,

It's a program that taps into various TV networks feeds and lets you watch whatever it is that they're broadcasting. The catch is that other than the free channel presets, you have to know the channels link to watch it. The link I provided is a web-site that lists all the channels for all the major sports and a large percentage of their games. Makes it easy to watch basically any game at any time. :)

I'm not sure if it's legal either, but considering the amount of broadcast revenue professional sports organizations pull in (and I know this isn't necessarily as large in hockey, which is still a relatively small-market sport), I don't think it's anything to write home about. SopCast doesn't have the viewership of YouTube or anything, and so when making the argument of just and unjust laws, one could argue a fan (especially paying fans) should have the right to watch games however they please if they're the ones footing the bill via ticket sales for day-to-day operations and sometimes stadiums/arenas as well.

It's really just altering who's third-party interest in making the dime anyway.

If it's not legal, it's certain a viable alternative to traditional broadcasting. :-)

Hey Jack,

It's a program that taps into various TV networks feeds and lets you watch whatever it is that they're broadcasting. The catch is that other than the free channel presets, you have to know the channels link to watch it. The link I provided is a web-site that lists all the channels for all the major sports and a large percentage of their games. Makes it easy to watch basically any game at any time. :)

sounds great, thanks!

Download Sopcast and

http://www.myp2p.eu/NHL.htm

bookmark that site.

Thanks a bunch man. I used it tonight. The picture quality was not great and it kind of froze up a lot, but I'll tell you what, I'll take it over nothing. Thanks again for posting this. It's great. I plan to use yahoo or comcast whenever available, but if those sites are not broadcasting Sabres games, I'm definitely using this. Thanks again.

the key is to click on the option to view it in windows media player and then change your preset buffering from 10 to 30 seconds. I started using it during NFL season to watch thursday and saturday games, and it was really choppy until i did this. Once I changed the buffering settings the viewability increased dramatically.

Archived