Sign Drury NOW

rickshaw

If Daniel Briere can talk with Marty Biron "just the other night" about possibly playing in Philly next year, then I say it's time to show our commitment to Chris Drury now and long term.

Briere has a chance to win the Cup and I doubt for a second he'll tank his opportunity. In fact if Drury is signed now, then Briere will want to do more to prove he's worth more money to someone else.

I can't imagine Chris Drury chatting about where he may or may not be next season. He's all about now. This is where his head should be, the Sabres.

For me it's Drury and now, not the off season. Before this I thought it'd be best to talk to them together at risk of hurting feelings. Not now.

Sign CD NOW!!!!!

I don't know how seriously we should take this Marty recruitment business. The guys were roomates, they could have just been talking about how Philly is righting the ship and both mentioned that it might not be a bad place next year given the positive things going on. They are, after all, FA's after this season. Mart didnt know until yesterday morning that he was headed to Philly. I don't think there's a movement afoot here or anything.

That said, Darcy won't sign anyone until after the season. He just doesn't work any other way. If Darcy is one thing, he's consistent, even when frustrating.

Archived