Not worth worrying about

BetweenThePipes00

Here is all you need to know, and you will let Thursday night go. It will upset you more, as it did me, but it showed me there is no point looking for logic in the NHL:

In this story ... http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp...224_121243_5384 is the following quote from Chris Neil:

Neil insisted he caught Drury with a clean shoulder check. Ruff complained to the referees that Neil used his elbow.

"That's what the ref asked me. He said, `Did you get your elbow up?' I said, `No.' ...

:blink:

Now, I agree he did not use his elbow, and Lindy admitted as much the next day after seeing the replay, but ... are we reffing on the honor system now? Is this hoops in the driveway, call your own fouls? Gee, I'm stunned things got out of hand on the next shift, the officials obviously had complete control of what was going on out there.

At least now we know how that goal in Philly counted in 2000 ... they probably asked Leclair if he scored and he said "Yes."

I hope they come out of tonight with no new injuries, and I'd love a win with that depleted lineup ... but I am done complaining or worrying about the officiating and the NHL. It's so far beyond repair it's not worth my energy.

At least now we know how that goal in Philly counted in 2000 ... they probably asked Leclair if he scored and he said "Yes."

Remember when they asked Hull?

Ref - "Hey Brett, was your skate in the crease."

Hull - "are you kidding me, my skates are never in the crease".

Ref - "Good enough.........It's a goal"!

Archived