MSG is terrible

jackb

Plain and simple, MSG's broadcast is awful. Repeatedly, game after game, they miss the big moments. Tonight they totally miss....I repeat TOTALLY miss Mair jump Spezza and it took forever to show the pair and when they did it was over. They can't follow the puck and the ice is miked poorly. Want to hear and feel the energy of the game?....forget it.....wanna hear fans pounding on the glass? then MSG is your network. Not to mention that tool of a host. I've heard that MSG hired people from Empire in the off season. It shows.

we should all just be happy that they picked up the sabres games at all. it could have been no local broadcasts and only cbc and vs. so lets not complain. they give us Rick and Jim calling the game, what more do you want?

that was the most entertaining game i have seen this year. well done boys...

The up close camera replays are generally pretty awful. I thought on the whole, MSG did a pretty solid production job tonight.

I will absolutely agree that the sound work is completely awful. Whether at home or on the road, the sound is just terrible. They never can figure out how to get it right. There are nights that the building is packed full and it sounds like a Wednesday night game from 2003 vs Tampa Bay. There are road games in places deader than Hades where it sounds loud and crazy. When you listen to a CBC Hockey Night broadcast, you don't hear the glass, as much as you hear the action on the ice - the ice scraping, puck hitting tape, etc.

Archived