Is Colorado a seller?

That Aud Smell

The Avs sit in 9th in the west, and just activated Brad May.

Linkage

It's agreed that we need a physical veteran presence. Is Brad May healthy enough to fit that bill? Does he otherwise fit that bill? Would he even be available?

I know (think?) that Brad lacks at least one other element we're seeking -- experience of success in a Cup final -- but, man, I always loved that dude and I think his game could add a lot to our squad.

One final note: I think Maysie's only making ~$700K this year; that's Peters-level money 'round here.

In a salery cap system, i don't think a big team like Colorado will ever be a seller unless their totally on the bottom. They have good peices in place and good young players, keeping them in tact, maybe added someone from a seller then making a run, ala Edmonton last year, and if that fails, they've made enough money to cover their costs and just sign a big time free agent next season and bring up a young guy and give it another go.

I don't think there will be any team dumping many players. Deadline day will never be like what it used to be.

Archived