Another Regina connection to Buffalo

Rabbit151

Some time ago I mentioned to all of you that Ryan Miller's family moved to the Michigan area from good old Regina, Saskatchewan. I believe his grandparents were from there.

Anyway, I just heard on the radio out here that our coach of 7 years (I think) for the Saskatchewan Roughriders, Danny Barrett has just accepted the job of offensive co-ordinator for the University of Buffalo. I don't follow college ball, I know it's big though. I don't know if you Buffalonians care or not, but I thought I'd mention it. A little info on Barrett for those of you who do care, he's a stand-up guy, has a lot of class and is a real players coach.

We never won a title with him, but this is the Roughriders, we don't win a title under anyone. We had a very exciting team during his tenure. In a pass happy league, our team was a dominant running team with a balanced attack under Barrett's guidance. I hope he does very well, I know the fine folks of Saskatchewan will miss Danny.

What a small world. I'm from Buffalo and my wife is from Regina. We now reside in Vancouver, WA. If anybody is ever going to Regina (like Buffalo, also called the Queen City) be sure and try one of my local favorites; Last Mountain's Saskatoon Berry jam. Yum, yum!!!

Archived