Tallinder

Guest Sloth

When I saw the third goal by Ottawa, I wanted to pull Miller at that point. Sabres were sleepwalking and needed a wakeup. I know it probably wouldn't have made a difference but sometimes I wonder about whether or not we're getting the goaltending we need.

as with Roy, keep him. Tallinder is having a run of bad luck, hope it's over.

When I saw the third goal by Ottawa, I wanted to pull Miller at that point. Sabres were sleepwalking and needed a wakeup. I know it probably wouldn't have made a difference but sometimes I wonder about whether or not we're getting the goaltending we need.

You're honestly questioning our goaltending? Miller is one of the best in the league. His stats are not a reflection of how good he really is. The Sabres play a wide open system. One of the reasons they can even play that system is Miller. There aren't too many goalies who can succeed in this system.

Also, looking at stats, yes he is only 12th in SV% right now, however, the difference between 12th and 5th at this point is about 5 saves. Looking at the quality of shots that he has to face compared to many other goalies in the league, that number seems pretty insignificant.

If Miller isn't the goaltending we need, then why are the coaches confident enough in him to play in this system?

Some of the goalies in the league who are considered among the elite play on teams that are happy to sit on a 1-0 or 2-1 league the whole game. What would their stats look like if their teams tried the Sabres system?

I was gonna say the same thing... And in no way is it "punishing" Miller... Actually, the opposite... Why should the team "punish" Miller's goals against average because of their lazy play.

Yet... I disagree... We were getting the goaltending we needed...

I would make it perfectly clear if it was Marty or Ryan... You are being pulled because the rest of the team is NOT helping you in any way... Such great goaltending shouldn't have to suffer stat wise...

Another shortie for crying out loud?... Take away those 4 in 5 games and that is big!

Archived