Divison News: Toronto trades Tellqvist

Two or less

Leafs send Tellqvist to Phoenix

The Toronto Maple Leafs have moved their surplus goalie.

Sources tell TSN that Michael Tellqvist has been traded to the Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for forward Tyson Nash and a fourth round draft pick.

Another source suggested there may be a minor-league player from Toronto accompanying Tellqvist to Phoenix, but that has not been confirmed.

Nash, 31, has been in the minors this season. He played 50 games for Phoenix last season, notching six assists. His best NHL season was 2000-2001 when he scored eight goals and seven assists for 15 points while piling up 110 penalty minutes.

Nash played with Darcy Tucker in junior, winning Memorial Cups with the Kamloops Blazers.

The Coyotes are looking for Tellqvist to shore up their inconsistent netminding.

Link: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=186264&hubname=

Any effect on Sabres? Tyson Nash is a tuff SOB.... he's small, tuff and quick. Good move by Toronto IMO.

Another team out of the Marty Biron Sweepstakes

You can't blame them for going else where. Sopposetly Sabres wanted Doan. lol I like Biron and all, but he's not worth a Doan.

I always thought Nagy for Biron was a fair deal, esspicially if we can include a Peters and a pick or prospect and they can add a cheap defensemen to add to our depth.

You can't blame them for going else where. Sopposetly Sabres wanted Doan. lol I like Biron and all, but he's not worth a Doan.

I always thought Nagy for Biron was a fair deal, esspicially if we can include a Peters and a pick or prospect and they can add a cheap defensemen to add to our depth.

I'm not complaing, just saying its another team out of the running (for now atleast, he was the leafs third stringer, lol)

As for a deal, I don't see Darcy making a deal for Biron that will bring in more $$$ so I don't see the Sabres including prospects and picks with Biron, but instead getting that in return for him because as it stands, buffalo cannot bring in more salary since they will also have to replace Biron with somebody (and I don't think they are ready to try Dennis as a #2) As for Peters, I don't think he is making enough money to be considered in a salary dump kind of move like what Buffalo would be making right now.

Archived