Biron

hopeleslyobvious

So I know I had a similar post after the Colorado game, but it's obvious Biron is not as bad on breakaways as I thought, but why does he struggle so much on penalty shots and in the shootout...My personal opinion is that he is not the best clutch goaltender, and most of that is probably mental. The extra time to think before a penalty shot or shootout is probably not good for him...

I have his stats as this:

Penalty shots: 3 attempts, 2 goals (Third one shot wide, so I don't know how much credit I would give him for that).

Shootouts: 6 attempts, 4 goals. I know he came in cold for two. But the two that didn't score are what concerns me. Yashin hit the post, and Blake fanned on his shot. I didn't see that game, I heard it on the radio with the Islanders announcers. Maybe someone who saw it and remembers it could comment on the Yashin shot. Did Yashin hit the post because that's all Biron gave him, or did he have a lot of room and botch the shot?

Miller on the other hand has faced 6 shooters, and stopped 5. My only concern is that this might show a bigger problem. Performance in shootouts/penalty shots may indicate the ability to make clutch saves, or I may just be reading into things too much. What does everyone else think?

I love Marty, he's a great guy, and a great team player. He's a good goalie... but these numbers you point out don't lie.

With Miller, I think we're fortunate enough to see another budding superstar right before our eyes. He has a ways to go, no doubt, but he just seems to have "it"... that intangible quality that great goalies have to shut the door and make the big save exactly when their team needs it the most, and steal wins. Our future looks extremely bright with Miller in goal.

Guest, exactly. Which is why when Ruff seems to want to stir up the goalie controversy (starting Biron in Toronto, for example), it drives a lot of fans crazy. Not to mention, probably, that budding superstar in goal. I don't buy the back to back game excuse, either. Ryan's 25. You're telling me he can't play back to back games? Actually, I had to look up his age, and I was a bit surprised he's that old. Miller time's a wasting! Anoint him the starter and move on with your life, Lindy. You'll be doing him and us a big favor.

yea biron's hot streak is over.... time to be done with this sillyness... ugh... biron did great for us over his streak and we all greatly appreciate it... however its time to give the guy who won the job in training camp his time to shine again.

Seriously guys, when you wanna trade a goalie you try and show that he can play, he can blame Lindy really for Biron's playing time.......They want to trade him and they want all that they can get for him, hence they need to showcase his talent, and lets face it this will help the Sabres in the long run............. B-)

Seriously guys, when you wanna trade a goalie you try and show that he can play, he can blame Lindy really for Biron's playing time.......They want to trade him and they want all that they can get for him, hence they need to showcase his talent, and lets face it this will help the Sabres in the long run............. B-)

his talent has been officially showcased.... over that winning streak and 1 or 2 losses in beetween after that... at that point he should have been shopped... miller is back and i think the job is now his.

Archived