[Sabre Rattling]Biron = Niittimaki

SabresBeat

Just to reinforce my Biron-is-playing-like-Niitti-but-he’s-getting-goal-support comment from earlier, I just looked at the stats:

Biron - 3.30/.886

Niittimaki - 3.32/.889

It was sort of a wiseass crack when I wrote it, but it is looking very factual now. This is sad, but true. Biron isn’t playing behind the Twin Stationary Towers of Hatcher/Rathje, either. Biron needs to get his [...]

http://www.sabresreport.com/blogs/?p=350

Just to reinforce my Biron-is-playing-like-Niitti-but-he?s-getting-goal-support comment from earlier, I just looked at the stats:

Biron - 3.30/.886

Niittimaki - 3.32/.889

It was sort of a wiseass crack when I wrote it, but it is looking very factual now. This is sad, but true. Biron isn?t playing behind the Twin Stationary Towers of Hatcher/Rathje, either. Biron needs to get his [...]

http://www.sabresreport.com/blogs/?p=350

Very off.

So, based on this theory, would you say Miller isn't near the elite goalies in the NHL with his stats? He's 14th in gaa and only has 1 shutout this season. He also isn't really near the top of the save percantage either. So, according to this logic, Miller is just an average goalie on a high powered team? No?

Or, is Miller and Biron so good that we are allowed to play a much different style of hockey, a more wide open brand that leaves some holes for the goalies to come up big at certain points of games? Yeah, Biron allowed a very weak goal on Brind-Amour's goal, but, how many big time saves did he have?

If the Sabres played regular hockey and focused on clearing the puck, making sure the play in our zone is safe, we would be winning games scoring 2-3 goals and allowing much less, but Biron is so good that we can still play our game without a beat because he can come in and do the job.

Archived