Tonights' game

Barnabov

I thought the article today said he'd be in the lineup for a last evaluation. Peters shows as playing on NHL.com - does this mean the decision has been made on Ryan?

Thorburn took an elbowing & unsportsmanlike - probably not too good for his cause but hard to say without seeing the game.

I was there... Thorburn is a moron, he was taking runs at people all night. Peters is useless too.

Ok, before I get to the actual game I want to comment on the jersey's. The uniforms look good with one exception... the slug. The colors look great in person, absolutely great... but unless you are within 10 feet of the logo, you have no idea what it is. From our seats (which were great) we couldn't tell it was supposed to be a buffalo head streak thing. It looked like a yellow smear with a blue spot on it, seriously, it's horrible. The exec's obviously never got more than 10 feet away from this thing to see what it would look like because it is horrid.

Now, onto the game... pre-season so there weren't as many hits and a few veterans weren't going 100% at times, you could just tell, if they got a little tired, they just glided around until they could get off, they didn't bust their butts like they did all season last year. But that's understandable I guess :rolleyes: We played Sekera and Paetsch as one D pair and scratched Lydman and Tallinder... boy did this show <_< , they need work, but they are young... two goals were on mistakes they made so I know that doesn't happen with 5 and 10 back there. We missed Drury and Hecht on the PK... Vanek was playing the PK and sure enough he cost us a goal... I hope that was just because it's preseason, some of the special teams lines were baffling. Max is amazing to watch when he gets moving, and his goal was perfect, early in the shift he made three guys look stupid getting the puck in the zone, then he didn't stop working and got the puck back and then "broke two guys' ankles" before shooting into a basically empty net... wow is he fast and agile! But we will still have to put up with his turnovers when he trys to do too much, he did that several times last night, but I'll take it... I just love him. Biron saved the game early in the 1st, they could have easily had 4 goals in the 1st... we weren't playing that well and the Pens had some great chances. Thornburn is a moron and I really hope we don't see him around, Peters is useless... Mair looks good, Briere didn't look bothered by any injury and his goal was sweet too. Crosby is amazing, he is like Mario of old when all the guys had to do was put their stick on the ice and they score because he gets it to them. Two of their three goals, I called them two passes before they happened... he's scary. Teppo got take to the locker room after taking a puck to the face, but I think he'll be ok, maybe just some stitches or something. I think we'll be solid moving into the season, I think if you add our regulars that didn't play last night, we win 3-1 at least... so that's good.

can't wait until they count!!!!

Archived