Thoughts on Spacek

buckeyebrian

(Whoops - I mean Spacek!) I am a Blue Jacket season ticket holder, I had the chance to see Spacek play a great deal. In 2002-03 he had nine goals and 36 assists to lead all Jacket defensemen in scoring. He played the point on the first power-play, killed penalties, and led in minutes played. Also, he stayed healthy and played 81 games. He went to Chicago as a free agent and I was sorry to see him go. Didn't see much of him after that until the playoffs this year and it looks like he racked up almost as many minutes as Pronger. Jay McKee was fearless but I believe that Spacek is the better all-round player. He almost never turns over the puck, and he is quick out of the defensive zone. He is a very good passer and has a heavy shot from the point. I expect good things out of "Spacho" as a Sabre.

(Whoops - I mean Spacek!) I am a Blue Jacket season ticket holder, I had the chance to see Spacek play a great deal. In 2002-03 he had nine goals and 36 assists to lead all Jacket defensemen in scoring. He played the point on the first power-play, killed penalties, and led in minutes played. Also, he stayed healthy and played 81 games. He went to Chicago as a free agent and I was sorry to see him go. Didn't see much of him after that until the playoffs this year and it looks like he racked up almost as many minutes as Pronger. Jay McKee was fearless but I believe that Spacek is the better all-round player. He almost never turns over the puck, and he is quick out of the defensive zone. He is a very good passer and has a heavy shot from the point. I expect good things out of "Spacho" as a Sabre.

Thanks for the analysis buckeyebrian and I agree with a lot of what you said.

Spacek has been on some bad teams in his career, and now he will be given a chance to show his talents.

Archived