Jay McKee - is he or isn't he out???

Barnabov

The article I just read on Yahoo NHL said that in addition to McKee being out, the Sabres were also without Jim Schoenfeld & Jerry Korab! What is up with that - sounds like some idiot reporter who doesn't know what he's talking about and just repeating jokes/rumours - not knowing he's 21 years out of date since those guys last played for Buffalo in the 84-85 season.

Just want to know what's going on - I read this report yesterday on the board and at that time it was discredited as a joke.

Anyway, here's the link and story.

Someone please try to confirm - all the other stories quote Lindy and mention Nathan Paetsch is going to be in the lineup....I'M NOT SCARED!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=roto...owire&type=lgns

Jay McKee: (Illness) Game 7 Status in Doubt

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com

Thursday, June 1, 2006

Update: McKee did not travel with the Sabres to Carolina, leaving the team possibly without four regular defensemen for Game 7 of the Eastern Conference final on Thursday, the Associated Press reports.

Recommendation: "Jay McKee is sick and not with the team in Raleigh," team spokesman Michael Gilbert said Thursday morning. Since the likes of Jim Schoenfeld and Jerry Korab are unavailable at this time, it looks like the injury-riddled Sabres' D will have to deal with using a skeleton crew in the series' finale.

Dude, read again - it says "since the likes of Jim Schoenfeld and Jerry Korab are unavailable at this time, it looks like the injury-riddled Sabres' D will have to deal with using a skeleton crew in the series' finale. "

McKee is out

This is unreal. I mean, have you ever heard of such a thing? Lydman and Campbell are our last two defensemen who started the season.

Between all four of our other defense, have they even played the equivalent of one 82 game season?

If Carolina doesn't blow the Sabres out tonight, it would have to be considered one of the greatest upsets of all time. Anyone that knows anything about hockey will tell you missing 4 defense, means you lose. No contest.

I hope Ruff gets our Rochester Americans to get the puck and rifle it out off the boards or glass every time. Let the forwards try to track it down in the neutral zone, win some puck battles and go from there.

don't even try to move the puck up to the forwards with quality passes unless the Hurricanes are in the midst of a change.

I am so bitter that this team may have finally been the team, only to have the worst run of injury-luck since the 1956 Saskatchewan Roughriders football team lost 4 players in a plane-crash after the all-star game.

My dumb - blame it on not being able to sleep last night in anticipation of the game. I think someone was making jokes yesterday in the same vein. Pretty stupid article though to quote two such old references with no explanation - I still wouldn't put it past the sports writer who penned it to be confused.

I like best what someone said elsewhere - best defense is a great offense - hope the forwards score a bunch to start the game - get Cammie pulled then there won't be so much pressure on the D.

Remember the 1st game against Ottawa - our D didn't look too solid then but we kept coming back.

I think keeping unrelenting pressure and maximum forecheck on is the key too - even my wife who barely glances up from her book has noticed the let off in intensity when the Sabres aren't playing well. She said that if they keep up the same as from the 1st period of the last game, they should be in good shape.

Ok- got to try and take a nap to better enjoy the excitement!

Archived