I'll be positive

Rabbit151

A couple of years ago, as I was somewhat following the baseball play-offs, a friend and I laughed at the miserable expoits of the Red Sox. Once again, they raised the hopes of their fans only to find their team down 3-0 to the dreaded yankees. (BTW, I hate both those teams, I think I like watching the Yanks, Sox and Braves lose more than seeing my favorite win)

But, I pointed out to my friend that I liked the BoSox's chances this time. If ever the miserable curse and decades of suffering were going to end, how could it be any other way than to come back from 3 down to the Yankees?

And we all know what happened.

You Buffalo folks are long-suffering for a champion in football or hockey. I read these boards, it is a suffering that is deep in the psychie of your city. If you are ever destined to celebrate a champion, you know it's not going to be easy. This Sabre team has been written off all year, usually right after a loss.

I myself, wrote them off after last night. But it occurred to me, if they ever win, it has to be when you least expect it. It has to be a victory for the ages, one you tell your grandkids about. Maybe this is the one........

Archived