My take on Game 5

Bmwolf21

Here is what I saw from the cheap seats at RBC...

Miller's 1st goal was tough - bad timing, bad goal all around.

After a bad 1st period, I thought Max picked it up & started finding his teammates again - I didn't see many instances in the 2nd & 3rd of "Super Max" trying to beat the whole Carolina "D"

I am really disappointed with how JP & Grier have disappeared in the last few games.

Pretty good team effort overall - still need to figure out how to stay out of the box, because the Car PP is killing us; I thought they harassed the Car D into some turnovers late in the 3rd and early in the OT (until JP's bad clearing attempt led to his questionable penalty.)

I know its a new sport in a non-traditional hockey market, but the replays in the arena sucked, the goal & penalty announcements were hard to follow and I couldn't figure out why they kept showing a leprechaun in the jumbotron clips. It was that ugly, evil leprechaun from the horror movies...

Anyway we need to come out flying on Tuesday, take the play to Car and Ward early, and when Lavi gets hook happy with his keeper, we need to go after the new netminder and get in his head too. Win at home, then come back to Raleigh and close them out in front of their fans...

Here is what I saw from the cheap seats at RBC...

I know its a new sport in a non-traditional hockey market, but the replays in the arena sucked, the goal & penalty announcements were hard to follow and I couldn't figure out why they kept showing a leprechaun in the jumbotron clips. It was that ugly, evil leprechaun from the horror movies...

Anyway we need to come out flying on Tuesday, take the play to Car and Ward early, and when Lavi gets hook happy with his keeper, we need to go after the new netminder and get in his head too. Win at home, then come back to Raleigh and close them out in front of their fans...

I've never had a problem with the replays or the goal and penalty announcements - I've always had a problem with the leprechaun.

The Goat

Archived