I Know Quality Doesnt Matter on the Scoresheet

Seannie34

It seems like the only goals that Ottawa has gotten lately have been real lucky pinball shots from the point. Especially their second that hit 3 sticks and somehow found a way through the five hole. Their goal last game that deflected, bounced off the back wall, and landed to Spezza in front of an empty net in miliseconds. It seems like the only kind of goals they can get past us are crapshoot goals while we have scored a few ourselve most are nice plays, eg: dannys goal last night. Either these crappy goals are bound to stop going in or they are bound to score better goals im not sure....

It seems like the only goals that Ottawa has gotten lately have been real lucky pinball shots from the point. Especially their second that hit 3 sticks and somehow found a way through the five hole. Their goal last game that deflected, bounced off the back wall, and landed to Spezza in front of an empty net in miliseconds. It seems like the only kind of goals they can get past us are crapshoot goals while we have scored a few ourselve most are nice plays, eg: dannys goal last night. Either these crappy goals are bound to stop going in or they are bound to score better goals im not sure....

Substitute "pretty" for "good" and "tricky" for "lucky", and I agree with you. Nothing at all wrong or bad about goals of that type IMO.

Whether its a fancy goal or not, a goal is a goal and that's why you gotta put the puck on the net. You never know what's going to happen. Sometimes it looks like we are guilty of overpassing and trying to get the pretty goal instead of putting the puck on net and getting a deflection or hunting for a juicy rebound. With the "new" NHL, the guys should have a little more freedom to work in front unlike the days where Rick Vaive had to wear the horse-collar cause he was cross-checked so much. But, it's hard to make a concrete opinion as I hear (radio) more than get to watch on tv.

im not saying that there is anything wrong with it, just that i would expect "better" goals from the leagues best offensive teams, maybe our D is just that good.

Our defense really has taken away a lot of their prettiness. They had some nice ones ion Game 1, but since then, Lindy looks as though he's stressed the elimination of cross ice passes in our zone.

I agree. I noticed the Sens big-play guys can't get the golden chances on pretty plays. That's a good sign. It's long shots and deflections. The Sabres are taking everything else away.

Who scored, Pothier? Wasn't he a healthy scratch earlier in the play-offs? Even when Spezza scored in game 3 it was a 5 on 3 and a re-direct on a screen. They're beautiful goals if you're a Sens fan, but you're right, where's the high-octane offense?

The Sabres, meanwhile, are scoring nice goals. Emery stoned them last night, a lot of the plays were there for the taking, it was all about Emery.

Archived