It's not over yet

LookAtEmGo

I'm not holding my breath, but it does appear that there's a good chance the season will be saved. Someone from the NHLPA said the rumors are completely false, but every other sign points to an agreement sometime this weekend.

I'll tell you one thing, though. No matter what happens, the players and owners still owe the fans big time for what they've done. Simply agreeing to play again sure as heck ain't enough, and if they think that, or if the fans let them get away with just that, there's still lots of problems with this league.

Guest Guest_Swordsman

In 1983, Wayne Gretzky's Oilers bombed the NJ Devils, 13-4, afterwhich he expressed pity for the "Mickey Mouse organization" that the Devils franchise appeared as.

After what has gone on for the past six months, and especially in the past week, he must have decided that it was time for him to step in and try to fix another Mickey Mouse operation - the NHL. Bettman and Goodenow may just as well be Goofy and Donald Duck for their complete ineptitude and short-sightedness in leading this mess.

Well, it's done now. Six hours or more of negotiating today came up with no progress at all, and now there are no more meetings planned. They refuse to realize it, but they're destroying this game and apparently it makes no difference to them.

Gretzky and Lemieux are the only ones with any sense about this. Bettman and Goodenow don't give a damn about anything but their egos, and they're willing to bring the league down with them because I think they both realize they're on the chopping block after all this madness.

Before, I was against the players and siding with the owners, but now I'm against both of them. The NHLPA is to blame for not being up-front with what they wanted back in September, as well as not coming with any kind of new proposal today, and the NHL is to blame for trying to low-ball the PA for way too long, as well as play innocent the entire time because public support was on their side. Talk about bad-faith bargaining. These two sides give new meaning to the words. If they'd only done something like this in December or even January, there'd still be plenty of time to get back on the ice and play a shortened season. But since the idiots waited till zero hour to try anything at all, of course it's too late to get anything done when you don't make any progress in one week's time.

Now the NHL may never recover, and most of the its fan base couldn't care less.

Yea i think they think that by calling talks and keeping the thing active is helping to keep the games name out in the spot light with the public. what they don't realise is that its not in a good light. There killing it. People aren't going to stand for this back and forth optimism. Eventually people are going to get pissed off and rightfully so...

Archived