GAME THREAD

Corp000085

That was a goal scored by vanek. Hasek tried to cover but the puck clearly went across the line, from the over-the-net camera angle. The whistle had blown. I'm pretty dissapointed that the refs had the quick whistle and that rick and jim didn't mention the goof.

I saw that on the quick replay - how did the announcers or guys in the truck miss it???? What is the rule on replay in the nHL now? i forget.

Jenneret keeps miscalling who has the puck.

4-0 ... PP goal ... screen shot from Redden ...

Lydman was in the box after having his pocket picked behind the net, miller had to come up big and then Lydman hammered a guy for the penalty ...

Peter and McGratton just fought ... RJ calls fights like no one ever ... unfortunately, highlight of the night ...

Sens are just as fast as us, and more skilled.

Chara is amazing.

We looked good tonight, but it not as good as them, comparable to Bills v. Steelers last year - the Sens are just in another league...for now.

Miller played very well. We need to break out better, and get the puck out of our zone more efficiently. Ottawa had some long strecthes in our zone.

5-0 final ...

that is a very good ottawa team ... that and the fact the sabres obviously were not as fresh as the game went on, I am not discouraged by the result ... so far they are about what I expect, a team that will fight for a playoff spot but be outclassed by a team like ottawa if they are not at their best, and they were FAR from their best tonight.

I was out with the wife watching this one at a local bar, and I echo the sentiments of everyone on this thread. We are a good team that will fight for a 7 or 8 seed, but we are just not in the class of a team like the Sens. They dominated us in pre-season, and that was no abberation. I'll be interested to see if this team can even score against Hasek all year. So far, they haven't gotten anything by him in 2 games. Hey, baby steps, I guess. This team's gotta' learn to crawl before it can walk. Still, I was hoping to see a closer game than this.

I'm not really too worried for a few reasons:

We looked strong the first two periods, Hasek was just on.

The third period we were just out of gas. The extra game definately looked like it took it's toll.

Think of how much different the game would have looked without Lydman.

I hope the day off does them some good tomorrow. I was flipping to the Pittsburgh game during commercials and breaks. They look good on offense (Crosby a goal and 2 assists so far).

Ottawa Scores - Lydman couldn't get it out...

He couldn't get it out because the Senator next to him chopped his stick in half. Should've been a penalty. Not saying Lydman has shown me anything thus far, but not getting that puck out on the 2nd try was a result of his sticking being snapped in two by a slash. You could see Campbell coming over to the ref on the play and yelling about it, and then Briere talking to McCreary at the following face-off about it.

I saw a lot more hooking NOT getting called tonight than I saw in the first two games. I fear that the new rules are going to go away and clutching and grabbing will return. I hope I'm wrong.