For what it's worth...

Rabbit151

I was listening to a sports talk-show out here in Saskatchewan, hosted by Drew Remenda (Sharks color guy originally from Sask). They usually only discuss canadian teams, but last night as the Sabres were stinkin' it up in Atlanta, the topic switched to the Sabres.

For what it's worth, Remenda was not worried about the Sabres last 2 losses at all. He figured it's a typical bump in the road that many teams go through.

They all agreed that the Sabres are a real threat to win it all, and one caller went so far as to say he'd pick the Sabres and Canes over the Sens.

I still say these next 2 games will tell a huge tale as to whether the Sabres are for real or not.

did anyone ask him what happens to a team almost completely devoid of difference-making talent when the benches start getting shorter in the playoffs?

While that may be a good point for most teams, I think this is different. When the bench gets shorter, players are going to get tired. How will a team with a short bench do against a team that can roll 4 lines all night, and is full of players who have been able to step up in the clutch this year?

Archived