[Game Day] Sabres @ Thrashers 7:00PM

SabresBeat

(although I think Kalinin has looked good tonight)

Kalinin has looked like azz lately. He can't handle the puck, misplays it more than he makes the right play. He looks nervous and tentative.

Yea, and I think the officiating has been piss poor for the 2nd game in a row...not that I ever think its particually great, but its been especially bad the last 2 games

1. Briere WAS tripped and no call in the third.

2. Boulton knocked McKee down from behind, no call. Then he cross checked McKee from behind into the boards, no call.

3. Roy was flattened from behind when digging at Lehtonen, no call.

4. Afinogenov hooked leaving the defensive zone, no call.

5. Tallinder tripped and then flattened, leading to a Thrashers goal, no call.

Piss-poor officiating tonight.

Stupid penalties by the Sabres:

Vanek slash about 5 seconds into a power play and checking Mellanby from behind starting a melee. Thomas - you don't need to be doing that stuff. You can play hard and be mad at your coach for benching you without taking stupid penalties.

Biron slash on Holik after Holik flattened Kotalik. Stupid stupid stupid. The hit was clean. The slash was stupid.

I'd like to know how Peters got 4 minutes and Mellanby, who slashed him, got nothing.

Modry intentionally played the puck while heading to the bench with his replacement on the ice already. He kicked it away from Dumont to the center of the ice with his right skate. Should've been a penalty. Brutal.

I won't even mention the awful linesman calls I've been noticing lately. Lot's of offsides are getting screwed up.

It seems as though that crew had it in for the Sabres last night. Not saying that they actually DID have it in for them, but that's the perception.