[Game Day] Sabres @ Thrashers 7:00PM

SabresBeat

OK guys. step away from the Panic button.

How many 2-0 leads have the Sabres washed away in the last month. Sens excluded.

You didn't think the Sabres would run the table? Every poster to a man, or women, thought that this part of the schedule would be a monster for the Sabres. Even thought they started 8-1 it's still a tough schedule. Add in a couple of untimly injuries. I think the Sabres will have a tough time winning 4 out of every five like they have been doing. ;)

They look....Retarded.

What the hell is that a picture of. I think I woke up next that after a night at Brick Bar. :huh: :o

It seems they've hit the wall a bit here. Too many times they were getting behind but still winning.

Bad habits creep in when that happens.

They aren't working hard enough, obviously. 3 shots after 25 minutes?? my gawd.

This is not a good time to start playing poorly. Hopefully they can get ignited again or it could be an early exit come playoff time.

And what is with all the penalties they are taking nowadays?? Bad habits. Bad bad habits.

1 period - 7:47 minutes on the powerplay - 3 shots?

i think i officially resign from the board. was hoping to check in and catch some hockey talk and instead i came across a documentary about lemmings and it is the part where they are just about to jump off the cliff...

come on guys....even if they go on to lose the game, get a grip. they very well might be getting tired. this is a long season for a young team. start to deal with it - and before you do that realize it is only the 2nd period of this game?!?!?

i think i officially resign from the board. was hoping to check in and catch some hockey talk and instead i came across a documentary about lemmings and it is the part where they are just about to jump off the cliff...

come on guys....even if they go on to lose the game, get a grip. they very well might be getting tired. this is a long season for a young team. start to deal with it - and before you do that realize it is only the 2nd period of this game?!?!?

It isn't that they are losing, it's the way they are losing. It's unacceptable to be completely outplayed in back to back games, at this time of the year, or any for that matter.

They've been getting by lately with timely goals while not playing well. Now the goals are drying up and they aren't getting any shots on goal.

Losing is kinda fine if you are working hard and not getting rewarded. Clearly these past few games they haven't been working hard.

! kozlov.

On the radio they said Tallinder started bitchin to the ref while the puck was still in play.

That is, in fact, what happened...and the replay proved he had a case, but still you have to pay attention to the game. Can't blame him alone for the goal, because "Loodman" got caught up ice YET AGAIN. What is with our defense getting caught pinching the last 2 games. This game is eerily similar to the Ottawa game. I don't understand why we are playing uninspired, just plain stupid hockey. (although I think Kalinin has looked good tonight)

Holy crap, Vanek just got flattened from behind...what a cheap shot

By the way, I didnt read all the posts on this thread but did anyone catch Kovalchuk b*tching at Briere earlier in the game??? I absolutely can't stand that guy, he has no respect for the game

Prisonbreak is back on FOX tonight. Great show.

So much for us getting respect from the Power Rankings. I bet we take a big drop this week.

Anyone notice that this is by far the worst ice we have seen all year? How many guys have fallen flat on their faces or had the puck jump over their stick.

A good a$$-kickin' may be what the guys needed, just to remind them that they have to do more than just show up. You know Lindy is watching back in Buffalo. I'd hate to have to face him after laying this turd. Better now than in the playoffs.

5-0 Atlanta...ugh.

PTR

that is a good point. this team has not had any adversity since they started the since .500 over their first 18 games.

boys, try hard. losing streaks happen for a reason. check out the late Jan/early Feb stretch where Ottawa got smoked by Boston 5-0 and the Rangers 5-1 with win over Pitt and a loss to the Sabres in there.

yeah, it is tough to see them losing while it appears as though they are not playing hard, but that is part of a losing streak. the game starts getting in your head, take dumb penalties, etc. try to take it best you can, and be glad this is happening now, not in the postseason.

So much for us getting respect from the Power Rankings. I bet we take a big drop this week.

Anyone notice that this is by far the worst ice we have seen all year? How many guys have fallen flat on their faces or had the puck jump over their stick.

Yea, and I think the officiating has been piss poor for the 2nd game in a row...not that I ever think its particually great, but its been especially bad the last 2 games

yeah, it is tough to see them losing while it appears as though they are not playing hard, but that is part of a losing streak. the game starts getting in your head, take dumb penalties, etc. try to take it best you can, and be glad this is happening now, not in the postseason.

I think people prefer to just say that from October 5-March 16 were a fluke, and that this is the real Sabres that we have seen in the last 2 games. :lol:

I remember people posting the same type of things in every slump, and then disappear as soon as the team starts winning.

Looks like I'm the only one left watching...I haven't given up on them for one game yet this year...no reason to start now.