Just talked to Jordan Leopold

BillHoppe

Here's some stuff ...

ON THE TYPE OF PLAYER HE IS ...

I definitely have some offensive abilities, but I think one of the main things I concentrate on doing on my end is getting the puck out of our own end.

I think I bring both aspects, but I think the biggest thing for me is getting pucks in our own end and moving pucks to the guys who can do something with it. Of course, I’ll be able to provide some supplementary offense. I did score some goals last year and I had a few points, but I think the most important part for defensemen is to get us going from defense to offense. That’s where I strive to do my best.

ON BEST ASSET AS A PLAYER ...

Vision, as far as moving the puck up the ice, trying to get them in guys like Vanek’s hands, Roy’s hands. Going forward from there, obviously we have a good goaltender in net, one of the best in the league. You lean on him a little bit.

ON INJURIES HE ENDURED A FEW YEARS AGO ...

Three, four years ago, I got caught with a little bit of the injury bug and trying to get over some of those things. The last couple years have been more of a rebuilding for me and trying to put myself on the map. I sat in same position last year with free agency, and there was still a concern that I was a little bit fragile. The last two seasons I didn’t miss a game during the regular season. I think I proved that I’m back on my game. I really haven’t proved that since my early Calgary days. Injuries can do that. With injuries come coach’s decision and all that stuff. The last couple of years have been really good for me not getting hurt and being able to move myself up the lineup.

Also knows Toni and Steve Montador from Calgary days ... good friends with Thomas Vanek, who he talked to today about Buffalo,etc.

Read more in the story later!

Archived